Sunday, November 11, 2007

Food faire in Stockholm - Androuet revisited

Androuet was the french cheese seller that caught my attention at the food faire. I just wanted to just jot down a few lines and publish a few more pictures after I got a change to figure out what cheeses I saw, that I haven't had a chance to try - yet. The problem with food faire was that there's perhaps too much available and not that much to opportunity to speak with the purveyors.

In the shot above, I saw cheeses that Androuet was showcasing but it was first when I got home that I got a chance to figure out what cheeses they were. OK, so they were showcasing "chèvres" - unpasteurized goats, for example these ones:
  • Chabichou du Poitou - a well known goat cheese in the shape of small pyramid
  • Crottin de Chavignol - a famous goat from Loire Valley
  • Roves des Garrigues - a dense goat that eats lots of herbs, in particular Thyme. From Provence in southern France
  • Sainte-Maure - a goat in a conic cylinder that's slightly taped. Has a straw through the center to hold it together. Greyish, since it's rolled in ash for protection. I don't know if it's the AOC proteced cheese or not.
I do hope I get a chance to go their shop soon, maybe even for a cheese tasting.


My Langres that I bought at the faire seems to have taken over my fridge, with it's smell. I decided to take a picture of before it dissapears. Mistakenly I placed it upside down on the plate, it supposed to be sunken in at the top, so it goes.

No comments: