Monday, November 5, 2007

Italian salumi from Falorni


I was on the hunt for some high quality real Italian coldcuts, Salami and Prosciutto. I think I found some great ones from the Italian butcher shop (=Macelleria) Falorni. Absolutely wonderful and tasty. A quick look at the ingredients list seems to indicate it's "all natural". I'll be back for more. The Prosciutto,(dry cured ham) thinly sliced and individually wrapped two and two, so it doesn't get a chance to get spoiled through oxidation. This ham really melts in your mouth, with a delicate sweet flavor.

The store I was at also some of their salamis, I picked the Chianti wine doused salami and a white truffles salami. I liked the classic Chianti wine doused one more, the truffles salami had a complex slight spice that is unusual to my palate. The third salami on offer was with boar. I'll try that next time. Falorni food stuffs seem to be imported by a lady at Italian Food Selections, I think she has a nice career.


Swedish pricing:
  • Boar salami 329SEK/ kg
  • Chianti salami 329SEK/ kg
  • White Truffles salami 399SEK/ kg

No comments: